Background and relevant experience: Ms. Levisay is an international public health professional with 28 years of developing country experience. Over the course of her career, Alice has worked for a range of multi-lateral, non-governmental and governmental agencies, and is currently working as an independent consultant. Her long-term experience includes being Senior Advisor for Maternal and Newborn Health at PATH; Representative for UNFPA in Cambodia, Regional Representative for HLSP Asia in Bangladesh (now Mott Macdonald Health), and being an advisor in the Cambodian Ministry of Health at both the national and provincial levels. Ms. Levisay also had long term positions with IRC, PCI and the Centers for Disease Control. Recent short-term assignments include:
1) Policy and Strategy Development and Analysis:
- Review and development of Cambodia's Fast Track Initiative Road Map to Reduce Maternal and Newborn Mortality 2016-2020 and Cambodia's National Strategy for Reproductive and Sexual Health 2017-2020;
- Development of Lao PDR's National Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) Strategy and Action Plan 2016-2025;
- Inclusion of Child Health in Vanuatu's Reproductive Health Policy and Implementation Strategy 2016-2018;Review or RMNCH and nutrition policies and strategies in 14 Pacific Island Countries
2) Programme Design:
- Strengthening Health Sector Governance for Improving Integrated Planning and Programming of National HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria Programs in Low/Middle-Income Countries for the Global Fund - Development of Programme Strategy Note for UNICEF Pacific's Health and Nutrition Section;
- RMNCH programme design for UNICEF, UNFPA and WHO in Lao PDR;
- Midwifery and Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care Programme for UNFPA Bangladesh;
- Health Sector Analysis in Tonga for Australian DFAT;
- SRH, family planning and MH background paper for UNFPA’s Asia Pacific Regional Programme.
3) Strategic Planning and Facilitation:
- UNICEF Multi-Country Office for the Pacific (Fiji);
- UNFPA Mozambique;
- UNFPA's Asia Pacific Regional Office (Bangkok);
4) Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Senior Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Expert on Formative Evaluation of UNICEF's Programming in HSS;
- Mid-Term Review of the UN’s Joint Programme on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) - Lao PDR;
5) Programme appraisal:
- UN Joint Programme on reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health in the Pacific;
-Reproductive health component of UNFPA Pakistan's 5 year country programme;
Recent employers include: WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF, ITAD, EHG, Mott MacDonalds/Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's Health Resource Facility and PATH.
Personal: Alice is American and lives in Bainbridge Island, WA, USA. She has long-term work experience in Cambodia, Bangladesh and Sierra Leone, and short-term experience in India, Nepal, Pakistan, Myanmar, Thailand, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Indonesia, Fiji, Vanuatu, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Kenya, Ghana and Mozambique. She is fluent in English, and speaks basic French, Khmer, Japanese and Krio.
For a full CV and list of publications email Alice at the address provided at the top of this profile.