Background and relevant experience:
Anne has more than 40 years experience in Africa, Asia and the Pacific region. This has included many years as community health academic in Nigeria; five years as a WHO consultant to the Ministry of Health and on loan as Special Assistant to the Minister of Health in Nigeria; Health Advisor for DFID in Nigeria, Ghana, India, Pakistan and Malawi; team leadership of DFID funded programmes in Kenya, India and Malawi respectively and a number of years of short term consultancy across the African, and Asian regions. Anne is a member of the Technical Review Panel of the Global Fund for HIV, TB and Malaria and is Health Systems Focal Point on the TRP.
- 2013-2015: Joint Team Leader of the DFID funded Health Systems Strengthening programme in Malawi with result areas focussing on strengthening stewardship, coordination and action; accountability; planning and M&E
- 2012-2013 AusAID appointed Regional Health Advisor for Fiji for 6 months with a focus on strengthening the regional health program across the 22 Pacific Island Countries and Territories and providing support to the Fiji bi-lateral program. The regional health program includes partnerships with UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA and with IPPF for its adolescent reproductive health program across the Pacific.
- 2011-2012: DFID funded Team Leader of the Technical Assistance Support Team (TAST) supporting Health Sector Reform by Government of Madyha Pradesh, India working in partnership with the Department of Health and Family Welfare, the Department of Women and Child Development and the National Rural Health Mission.
- January 2011 Options/DFID-funded Institutional Advisor to the Technical Assistance Support Team (TAST) supporting Health Sector Reform by Government of Orissa in particular advising the Department of Women and Child Development on the establishment of a Social Protection Cell
- October 2010 call down contract with Options UK as Senior Technical Advisor for the Ministry of Health Sierra Leone Reproductive and Child Health programme integrated into the NHSSP, supported by DFID
- July 2010-August 2010 member of the 2 person Evaluation team of the AusAid HIV Consortium (a network of 9 Australian organisations) working in Indonesia, the Mekong and across the Pacific to strengthen country partner capacity to take forward national HIV responses
- March 2010- June 2010 World Bank ASAP Team Leader of the Mid Term Review of the Mauritius National AIDS Strategic Framework. The Mauritius epidemic is driven by IDU behavior and sex work. The national response involves extensive partnerships between government and civil society.
- March 2010 Team Leader of the Review of the multi-donor Joint Financing Agreement to support the National AIDS Council Zambia
Anne lives on the South Coast of England and has previously lived and worked in Nigeria, Ghana, India, Pakistan, Malawi and Kenya. English is her native language and she has a basic knowledge of French. She was formerly a trustee of MERLIN ( now part of Save the Children) and was a volunteer fundraiser for Mildmay International.
A full CV including publications is available from Anne by mailing the address at the top of this profile.