Interests:Health policy; health systems and health service integration; sexual and reproductive health; HIV and AIDS; Non-Communicable Diseases; global health security; effective development cooperation and management approaches; aid architecture; supporting groups and individuals to achieve results and change through coaching and facilitation.
Skills:Policy analysis; monitoring and evaluation, design and implementation; strategy development and review; project and programme management; report writing and synthesis; coaching and mentoring; facilitation; partnership building.
Experience:Jackie has over 25 years’ experience of working in international health and development. Jackie moved to Australia in 2009 to take up the position as Director of the Health Resource Facility (HRF) supporting Australia’s aid program to access a broad range of short and long term technical assistance to support health programming. Prior to this, Jackie spent several years as Mott MacDonald’s (formerly HLSP) Lead Specialist for HIV/AIDS. Prior to joining Mott MacDonald, Jackie was Manager of the DFID Health & Population Aid Effectiveness Project and DFID’s Health and Population Field Manager in Kenya. She has been certified as a Professional Facilitator by the International Association of Facilitators.
Jackie has worked as a consultant for bilateral and multilateral development organisations including the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Australian Aid Program (DFAT), European Commission, Swiss Agency for Development, WHO and UNAIDS. Examples of recent work include:
- DFAT/Cardno (2020-ongoing): Portfolio Representative, DFAT Support and Implementation for Health Security in Indonesia and the Indo-Pacific (KESATUAN)
- DFAT/Cardno (2019-ongoing): Contractor Representative, DFAT Vanuatu Health Program
- DFAT (2019): Interim Director, Specialist Health Service (providing strategic input on health to DFAT)
- DFAT (2017-ongoing): Senior Health Adviser providing technical advice to the DFAT Health Program in Nauru. Work included team leader for design of a new Nauru Health Support Program, considering options for Australian support to health security in Nauru and a review of DFAT’s support to the health sector.
- DFAT (2018): Evaluation for the Samoa Strategic Partnership Program for health systems improvements between Samoa Ministry of Health and Queensland Department of Health.
- University of Queensland (2018): Review of the Population Health Evaluation and Research Unit for the Central Queensland, Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast Primary Health Network.
- DFAT (2018): Universal Health Coverage Roundtable, presenter.
- DFAT (2017): Design adviser for the Regional Health Security Initiative. Work included program logic and strategic framework, and the Initiative’s governance structure.
- DFAT (2017): Advisory support for DFAT’s engagement with a World Bank MDTF that supports Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries to integrate donor-financed health programs.
- DFAT (2016): Produced final draft of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020, Kiribati.
- DFAT (2012-2014): Reviewed implications of the Global Fund’s New Funding Model for the Asia Pacific and developed guidance for the design of a technical and capacity building mechanism to support grants by the Global Fund in the region.
- DFAT (2013): Supported DFAT’s health team in Indonesia to prioritise aid objectives and complete the Health Delivery Strategy.
- UNAIDS (2008): Produced a paper promoting understanding of the key debates and synergies between the HIV and AIDS response and the MDGs.
- UNAIDS (2007): Produced a paper considering how linkages between HIV responses and health systems can be strengthened to achieve HIV and other health outcomes.
Personal:Jackie is British/Australian and lives in Queensland, Australia. She has worked in West, East and Southern Africa, Russia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Vanuatu, Nauru, Samoa. Jackie’s voluntary work includes being a mentor to young global health professionals and a member of the Advisory Committee for the Global Health Me program. For a full CV email Jackie at the address given at the top of this page.
For a full CV and list of publications email Jackie at the address provided at the top of this profile.