Interests:Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health; Health Systems Strengthening; Primary Health Care (PHC); Partnerships and Aid Effectiveness; HIV/AIDS and Gender.
Skills:Program Design and Appraisal; Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; Evidence-Informed Policy and Strategy Development; Advocacy; Strategic Planning and Governance; Team Leadership and Facilitation; and Institutional Development.
Background and relevant experience:Alice is a dynamic global health and development expert known for empowering teams and developing and fostering meaningful partnerships to achieve long-term sustainable change. She has experience at the global, regional, country and community levels, and has worked with multi-lateral organizations, non-governmental organizations and consulting firms. Her long-term experience includes being Senior Advisor for Maternal and Newborn Health at PATH; Representative and Deputy Representative for UNFPA in Cambodia, Regional Representative for HLSP Asia in Bangladesh (now Mott Macdonald Health), and working on health sector reform and health systems strengthening projects at the national and provincial level with WHO in Cambodia. She has also held long term positions with IRC, PCI and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. Recent short-term assignments include: 1) Evidence Informed Policy and Strategy Development
- Maldives National RMNCAH Strategy 2020-2025
- Cambodia's Fast Track Road Map to Reduce Maternal & Newborn Mortality 2016-2020
- Cambodia's National Strategy for RSH 2017-2020
- Lao's National RMNCAH Strategy & Action Plan 2016-2025
- Vanuatu's RH Policy/Strategy 2016-2018
- Review of MNCH and Nutrition Policies, Strategies and Plans in 14 Pacific Island Countries
- Team Leader/Advisor - Evaluation of SRHR Component of UNFPA Nepal CP 2018-2022
- Scoping and Design Consultant - UNICEF PHC global stocktaking and learning exercise
- Programme Review Consultant - Youth SRHR component of UNFPA APRO RP 2018-2021
- ERG Member - Global evaluation of EWEC Strategy's Independent Accountability Panel
- Senior HSS Expert - Formative Evaluation of UNICEF's Global HSS Programming
- Team Leader - MTRs of the UN’s Joint Programme (UNJP) on RMNCAH in Lao (Phases I and 2)
- Designed phases 2 and 3 of the UNJP for RMNCAH in Lao and the UNJP for RMNCAH in the Pacific
- Developed 12 country profiles/roadmaps for eliminating preventable MM in the Asia Pacific Region
- Undertook landscape review and developed roadmap for strengthening National Procurement and Supply Chain Management Systems for UNICEF Ethiopia
- Improved integrated planning and programming of HIV, TB and Malaria for the Global Fund
- Developed Programme Strategy Note for UNICEF Pacific's Health and Nutrition Section
- Developed midwifery/EmONC programme for UNFPA Bangladesh
- Undertook landscape review to inform design of new Australian DFAT health sector support programme in Tonga
- Strategic planning and facilitation for UNICEF Pacific, UNFPA Mozambique, and UNFPA's Asia Pacific Regional Office (Bangkok);
Recent employers:UNICEF, UNFPA, WHO, ITAD, EHG, and Abt Associates SHS and Mott MacDonald HRF for Australian DFAT.
Personal:Alice is American and lives in Bainbridge Island, WA, USA. She is fluent in English, and speaks basic French, Khmer, Japanese and Krio.
Her donor/development partner experience includes: AfD, Australian DFAT, BTC, BMGF, DFID/FCDO, GFATM, GIZ, JICA, Luxembourg, Merck for Mothers, Norad, UNFPA, UNICEF, USAID, WHO and the World Bank. Her country experience includes: Nepal, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Maldives, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Tonga and Papua New Guinea.
For a full CV and list of publications email Alice at the address provided at the top of this profile.