Interests:Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health; Health Systems Strengthening; Donor Coordination and Aid Effectiveness; Institutional Development and HIV/AIDS.
Skills:Programme Design, Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation; Policy & Strategy Review and Development; Strategic Planning; Leadership, Management and Facilitation.
Background and relevant experience:Ms. Levisay is an international public health expert with nearly 30 years of professional experience. Over the course of her career, Alice has worked for a range of multi-lateral agencies, NGOs and consulting firms, and is currently working as an independent consultant. Her long-term experience includes being Senior Advisor for Maternal and Newborn Health at PATH; Representative for UNFPA in Cambodia, Regional Representative for HLSP Asia in Bangladesh (now Mott Macdonald Health), and being an advisor in the Cambodian Ministry of Health at both the national and provincial levels. Ms. Levisay also had long term positions with IRC, PCI and the Centers for Disease Control. Recent short-term assignments include:
Policy and Strategy Review and Development:
- Maldives National RMNCAH Strategy 2020-2025;
- Cambodia's Fast Track Road Map to Reduce Maternal & Newborn Mortality 2016-2020;
- Cambodia's National Strategy for RSH 2017-2020;
- Lao's National RMNCAH Strategy & Action Plan 2016-2025;
- Incorporated Child Health in Vanuatu's RH Policy/Strategy 2016-2018;
- Review of MNCH and Nutrition Policies, Strategies and Plans in 14 Pacific Island Countries;
Evaluation Reference Group Member - global evaluation of the EWEC Strategy's Independent Accountability Panel; Senior HSS Expert on Formative Evaluation of UNICEF's Global HSS Programming; Mid-Term Reviews of the UN’s Joint Programme (UNJP) on RMNCAH in Lao (Phases I and 2);
Situation Assessment and Programme Design:
- Designed UNJP for RMNCAH in Lao and extension of UNJP for RMNCAH in the Pacific;
- Developed country profiles & roadmaps for eliminating preventable maternal mortality in 2 countries in the Asia Pacific Region;
- Designed programme to strengthen National Procurement and Supply Chain Management Systems in Ethiopia;
- Improved Integrated Planning and Programming of HIV, TB and Malaria for the Global Fund;
- Developed Programme Strategy Note for UNICEF Pacific's Health and Nutrition Section;
- Developed Country Programme and Midwifery/EmONC Programme for UNFPA Bangladesh;
- Undertook Health Sector Analysis in Tonga
- Strategic Planning and Facilitation:
- UNICEF Pacific;
- UNJP for RMNCAH in the Pacific;
- UNFPA Mozambique;
- UNFPA's Asia Pacific Regional Office;
- UNFPA Pacific - Towards Zero Unmet Need for Family Planning 2018- 2022;
- UNJP for RMNCAH in the Pacific;
- Reproductive health component of UNFPA Pakistan's 5-year country programme;
Recent employers:UNICEF, UNFPA, WHO, ITAD, EHG, and Abt Associates SHS and Mott MacDonald HRF for Australian DFAT.
Personal:Alice is American and lives in Bainbridge Island, WA, USA. Her short and long-term country experience includes: Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Maldives, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Tonga and Papua New Guinea. She is fluent in English, and speaks basic French, Khmer, Japanese and Krio.
For a full CV and list of publications email Alice at the address provided at the top of this profile.