Sexual and reproductive health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and child health, health policy, health systems, aid architecture, aid effectiveness, civil society.
Policy analysis, monitoring and evaluation design and implementation, team leadership and facilitation, strategy development, programme management, technical writing, secondary research.
Background and relevant experience
Kathy has more than 30 years’ experience of working in international health and development on short- and long-term assignments in Africa and Asia. She has experience in programme design, team leadership, programme and sector evaluations, analysis of global health and policy issues. In the last five years she has worked on assignments for DFID, ECDC, OECD, UNAIDS, WHO and UNESCO. Examples include:
- GH Pro (November 2017-March 2018) – Team member, USAID Linkages evaluation.
- RTI International (June-November 2017) – Business development technical inputs and bid writing.
- DFID Kenya (June-November 2017) – Annual review of maternal and newborn health programme; business case addendum for maternal and newborn health programme; business case for family planning programme.
- DFID (October 2016-February 2017) – Team member, lessons learned case studies from RMNH programmes.
- UNESCO (September-November 2016) – Writing background evidence paper on school violence and bullying.
- RTI International (June-October 2016) – Communications plan and documenting lessons learned Uganda People’s Defense Force HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support Program.
- Hera (May-October 2016) – Senior expert, IHP+ monitoring round 2016.
- Aids Fonds (September 2015-January 2016) – Team leader, evaluation of the EU-funded OptTEST HIV testing in Europe project.
- DFID Kenya (September-October 2015) – Team leader, annual review of DFID-funded maternal health programme and team member business case nutrition addendum.
- ECDC (July 2015-March 2017) – Team leader, monitoring the Dublin Declaration on HIV/AIDS in Europe.
- DFID Zambia (October-November 2014) – Team leader, mid-term evaluation of DFID support to the Ministry of Gender and Child Development.
- AusAID (April 2014) – Desk review of indicators to measure health sector performance.
- DFID Tanzania (February 2014) – Annual review of DFID reproductive and maternal health commodity support.
- AusAID (October-December 2013) – Independent review of joint UN RMNCH programme in Myanmar.
- UNITAID (July-September 2013) – Team leader, evaluation of ACT scale-up project.
- OECD (December 2010-May 2011) – Co-author progress report on health as a tracer sector for monitoring aid effectiveness for the Fourth High level Forum in Busan, South Korea.
- DFID Zimbabwe (January, March, September-October 2010) – Team leader of annual reviews of Expanded Support Programme on HIV/AIDS, Vital Medicines Programme and Maternal and Newborn Health Programme.
Kathy is British and lives in London. She has worked in West, East and Southern Africa, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Europe. For a full CV email Kathy at the address given at the top of this page.